Abstract Goal - To improve my quilting skills.
- Participate in the 350 Blocks Project. I have no intention of completing 350 blocks as that is way more than I have completed in the past three years total! But I am going to use the project as an opportunity to push myself to finish more (ongoing).
- Complete four quilts this year. I am currently working on two, a personal lap-sized quilt (March 31) and a baby quilt (Feb 28) for my husband's college friends' baby. I also want to start and finish a quilt for my new nephew (April 30).
Abstract Goal - To become fluent.
- 30 minutes of study time each and every day (ongoing).
- Find a language exchange pen pal and write an email once per week (Jan 31).
- Take the JLPT N3 exam in December 2013. The exam tests reading and listening comprehension and is only offered once a year outside of Japan. We have a testing center here in Seattle. (Registration opens in the fall.)
Abstract Goal - To lose weight.
- Incorporate more fresh food in my diet by including at least one fruit or vegetable at every meal (start by Jan 31).
- Start eating raw breakfasts at least three times each week (start by Jan 31).
- Run at least three times per week and train to race a 10k by the end of the year (ongoing).
Abstract Goal - To become a better homemaker.
- Finish organizing my recipe book so that I actually utilize it (March 31).
- Try at least two new healthy recipes per week (ongoing).
- Create and follow my daily chores list (Feb 15).
Of course, this does not cover all areas of my life. While I appreciate the challenge of tackling each of these goals, I am a bit overwhelmed by the number of changes it will require. This is why I will have to prioritize and revisit these goals often to make changes based on what is or is not working. I know that January is almost over but there is no better time than now to refocus!