I've been out of town and away from libraries for so long that I haven't been reading that much. I did read a couple books from my personal bookshelves, a difference from my normal insistence on reading borrowed books. Last week we were finally able to sign up for our new library cards and I brought way too many books home. Such is the life!
Here's what I have managed to read in the past month or so. Links are to my reviews on Goodreads.
- Promise Me This by Cathy Gohlke - 4 stars. Fantastic book! Highly recommended.
- Prophetess of Health: A Study of Ellen G. White by Ronald L. Numbers - review pending
- Calico Joe by John Grisham - 2 stars
- The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax - 2 stars
- The Book of Jane by Anne Dayton, May Vanderbilt - 2 stars
- A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Buergenthal
- Sacred Influence: How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands by Gary Thomas
- A Thousand-Mile Walk To The Gulf by John Muir