This quilt was a struggle but I learned a ton. Back at the beginning, I found that not all of the fabric from the church was 100% cotton. I'm not ready to mix fabrics yet and had to give up using all of the donations. Instead, I went to Joann Fabrics and purchased a lot of my own fabric to incorporate into the quilt.
I still have a lot to learn about color and value! My quilting and piecing skills improved but I can see areas that definitely need work.
Overall, I'm happy to be done and looking forward to the next project! I've already started sewing together the blocks for my denim/flannel lap quilt. While I'm excited to work on a quilt for me I should have worked on this quilt in the fall when it would have been more needed! I'll finish it just in time for the hot Arizona weather.