Last week, Lady Rose tagged me to answer a set of questions. I've been putting off answering the questions because I had to write a poem! I haven't written in poetry in years. But today I finally came up with a little ditty.
1. If you could live in any place, where would it be? Why would you live there?
Japan! Actually, it doesn't have to be Japan, but I want to live somewhere outside of the US for a few years. I want to experience another culture, another language, and get to know people who have experienced a life completely different than mine.
2. Make a list of the five favorite activities that you like to do.
Reading my Bible, reading in general, playing with my cat, blogging, and cooking.
3. What is your most challenging household chore? Briefly explain why it is challenging for you.
Cleaning the bathroom. It's not difficult, but I find it a distasteful task. When I stay on top of my housework, it's easier. But it's still not a fun job!
4. What was the happiest day of your life (and you can't say the day you got married or engaged. Choose another day.)?
I really don't know. I would say today because God has given me another day of life and I've spent the day at home with my hubby. He was working the entire day and will be completing a project tonight as well, but we are blessed to have a job!
5. What annoys or irritates you the most (besides getting "tagged" :).
Close-mindedness. I try to be open to ideas that are different than my own and it annoys me that some people won't give me the same consideration.
6. Where do you like to "hide" when you're having a rough day?
On the couch with a good book.
7. Write a six line poem of rhyming couplets. Now tell us, was this a hard or an easy task for you and why (You know I write poetry, so you had to know this was coming :)?
Kitty jumps upon my desk
Tries to squeeze around the mess
He wants to know
When my cleaning will show
He throws a fit
And asks where he'll sit
8. What is your all-time favorite movie?
The six hour long BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice!
Tagging - I'm supposed to come up with a set of my own questions and tag someone. I'm really not sure who to tag, so if you're interested in playing, let me know! Here are your questions:
1. Who is your favorite Biblical figure and why?
2. If you drink coffee, what is your favorite drink?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. What is your favorite "comfort" meal?
5. Share your favorite Bible text and why it speaks to you.